Monday, August 26, 2013

A Sweet Familiar Sound

For months I have waited for that familiar sound,
And people say I'm crazy,
"How, Joel, could you tie such comfort to something that's just a nuisance,"
"You're not remembering the way it is,"
But I'm nostalgic for the peace, the cleansing, the renewal,
And I miss the dark afternoons when the world shuts down,
And everyone is allowed to stay indoors,
Because they have too,
Nothing else would make sense,
But they want to,
A part of them wants to,
A part of me wants to,
Because spending every day on an unnatural high,
Is worse than riding the highs and lows,
Because at least this way,
You know the high is real.

Tonight I'll fall asleep to rain out my window, a sound I have missed.
Oh the sweet, sweet candy to my ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment